I noticed a trend after coaching a LOT of doctors.
I always start my training by asking what they are afraid of and 99.9999% stated that “my colleagues won’t think I am smart”. It amazed me. Over and over again, I heard that the fear was associated with something that to all of us seems impossible.
How can you worry about not sounding smart, you are a doctor and in some cases curing cancer. That MD attached to your name screams SMART.
That’s when I realized, that no matter the accolades, the degrees, the titles, we are all the same. We all have a fear of not being “enough”.
Having advised countless CEOs, award-winning entrepreneurs, and Ivy League graduates all behind impressive resumes, everyone harbored that same nagging worry – am I enough?
It dawned on me – no one ever feels completely enough. Even the most “successful” people struggle with feelings of inadequacy.
So how can we make peace with this? How can we accept that we are ENOUGH, as we are in this moment?
- Look objectively at all you’ve achieved. Make a list of your skills, accomplishments, and positive qualities.
- Adopt a growth mindset. Believe that you can always expand your abilities with effort. Focus on progress.
- Silence the inner critic. Don’t let self-judgment hijack your self-worth. Speak to yourself with kindness.
- Celebrate small wins. Find joy and take pride in each tiny step forward.
- Focus on the journey. Stay present in each moment, not hung up on the end goal.
You have always been enough. Remember your worth comes from within.
Onward with courage.
Tip of the Week
Turning your weakness into a super power
Canine life coach
BONUS FREEBIE: Want to know the secrets to getting booked on local, cable, and national media (again and again)? Discover the method that has earned 100% of my client’s media appearances. During this quick and FREE 30-minute coaching session, I reveal all my insights on how you can do the same and go from ‘best-kept secret’ in your field to authority in the media. Watch my free training here.