SHAUN T: DIVERSITY, PARENTING & FITNESS
Shaun T is best known for his home fitness programs for adults and children. He and his husband Scott are also parents to twin toddler boys.
IN THIS EPISODE, SHAUN TALKS WITH LYNN ABOUT:
- The journey of a same sex couple becoming parents
- His podcast collaboration with Julia Dennison of Parents.com “We Are Family”
- The stress of parenting during Covid
- Embracing and celebrating diversity
- Allowing children to feel emotion
- The importance of structure in a child’s schedule
- Making yourself a priority to be a healthy parent; even 5 minutes a day
- The need for a support system of people who love your kids and respect you
QUOTATIONS FROM THIS EPISODE:
“Don’t be afraid to build your family beyond the blood.” @ShaunT
“The more you enhance the communication, the better you are in the long run.” @ShaunT
“Look for other people out there who just get you.” @ShaunT
“All kids are different. Let them have their own personalities.” @ShaunT
“At the end of the day, doing something is better than doing nothing.” @ShaunT
“Be good at what you can do right now.” @ShaunT
SHAUN’S OFFICIAL BIO:
Shaun T is a global fitness icon. He is the creator of many best-selling workout programs including T25, Transform :20, Let’s Get Up!, and INSANITY, which has helped millions of people all over the world lose weight and get back in shape.
Shaun is a proud dad, best-selling author, incredible motivational speaker, and an accomplished choreographer.
For content that will inspire, educate, and leave you fuller sign up for Lynn’s newsletter to get All the Good Things delivered directly to your inbox.