GINGER ZEE: NATURAL DISASTER
Ginger Zee is the Chief Meteorologist for ABC News, a NYT best selling author, and a mental health advocate.
IN THIS EPISODE, GINGER TALKS WITH LYNN ABOUT:
- Pursuing the dream of reporting the weather as a scientist
- Identifying and being honest with yourself and others about your depression
- Practical tools to face a dark day or period in your life
- Build your team: a go to person; a tough love person; an actionable person
- Social media boundaries: dealing with trolls
QUOTATIONS FROM THIS EPISODE:
“We’re all in the same storm in different boats.” @Ginger_Zee
“People are not always happy. Some people are sadder than others.” @Ginger_Zee
“You cannot serve others to the best of your ability without serving yourself.” @Ginger_Zee
“The next best thing is for us to help the other people.” @Ginger_Zee
GINGER’S OFFICIAL BIO:
Ginger Zee has a Bachelor of Science in Meteorology from Valparaiso University, holds the Certified Broadcast Meteorologist seal from the American Meteorological Society, and was recently inducted into the weather hall of fame in Oklahoma. She has been stormchasing for over 20 years.
In her book, Natural Disaster, Ginger opens up about her lifelong battle with crippling depression. She also wrote a STEM trilogy called Chasing Helicity to encourage young people to become scientists.
For content that will inspire, educate, and leave you fuller sign up for Lynn’s newsletter to get All the Good Things delivered directly to your inbox.